Here's What I do. I set boundaries with my friends and loved ones. I allow the 30 min once a year to voice their concerns, I ask them to do their homework on why they think what I am doing is harmful, since I have done my homework on why it is not. Meaning before they say a vague statement like "that will hurt you" they better be able to articulate WHY they think that and prove it with research and facts ...not lies and suspicions. I explain that I am busy and while they matter to me its my face/ skin/ body and as much as I don't police them they can't police me. I also point out that when I was a struggling actor and taking public transit in LA in some not safe areas, when I was drinking 30+ cups of coffee a day that they didn't seem to have an issue with my actions. Both of which are statistically far more likely to have a reaction with my life/ health then my DIY Beauty Treatments. Now (this won't work for some personality types) but I also point out aspects of their life that I don't particularly agree with, for one friend it was their drinking every day/night, another their smoking throughout the day every day etc. I let them know that I don't agree with it but I also don't harp on it since they are a grown up and they are allowed to do what they want whether or not I agree with it. Life is a journey. I will say some took years to accept my DIY love, others came around faster. It just depends. |
Comments
Post a Comment